Hello I’m Brian Fitzgerald The Golf Doctor.
And today I’m going to talk about the best upgrade you can make on your golf clubs.
So what is the best upgrade you can make on your golf clubs?
Well I think the best upgrade you can make no matter what the set of golf clubs you are using. But the best upgrade you can make Is to get really good grips.
So the grip is the most neglected area of golf clubs.
People get them they are they are fantastic. But over time the UV rays react with the polymers in the grip and they send them shiny.
So I have made a video on how to care for your grips and I will put a link in the bottom of the video and toward the end of here.
But in the mean time. Are you using the best grip and is it the right size?
So I have got some grips here. They are 3 commonly used grips.
There is all sorts of various shapes and sizes of grips we can use.
These are all golf pride grips. We have got this one here. Which is the tour wrap.
So it looks like a wrapped grip. It’s actually quite tacky. It feels great in the hands. I find with this particular grip that over time that shiny ness wears off. And it doesn’t grip quite as well.
The other grip which is quite good is the Tour Velvet.
That is a very common grip and is actually quite nice. It feels great in the hands. It wears pretty well and it’s pretty easy to clean and care for.
The other grip is the New Decade Multi Compound. This is the one that I actually favor. Um it doesn’t mean to say that everyone should get it. It just suits me. It has got some cord up here in the top. And then down the bottom we have got a nice rubber, still a little bit of cord but it just feels great in my hands.
It does get a little shiny after a little while so you just care for the grips with warm water, soap and a scrubbing brush and occasionally a little bit of sand paper.
And that’s the one I use on my Mizuno golf club now. So they come in various shapes and colors I should say.
In terms of size.
It is open to conjecture a little bit. But my rule of thumb when I talk and when I am doing some club fitting. Is if you wear a medium glove you have a standard size grip.
If you have a medium large glove you need one layer of masking tape underneath.
If you have a large glove you need two layers and if you have an extra large you need three layers.
Now sometimes you need more than that.
And as I said it is just a starting point. It’s a rule of thumb.
You can also get grips in standard size and mid size and for people with arthritis you can also get a jumbo grip but that’s a video for another time.
So if you think about trying all of these grips.
Golf shops have demos. And you can take a club out and try them and see how they feel to you.
And of course the best way of getting fitted for a golf club is to make sure you go and see a PGA Golf Professional.
They are the experts in the field and they will help you to determine what grip size you need.
So any other questions send me an email. Use Twitter, FaceBook, anything you like.
Ask me any questions you like. I am always here to answer.
Thank you for letting me help you with your golf.
I am Brian Fitzgerald The Golf Doctor.
You can also go to my website www.thegolfdoctor.com.au where you can sign up for my electronic newsletter.
Fore more information you can visit:
YouTube Channel https;//www.youtube.com/fitzygolfpro
My website http://www.thegolfdoctor.com.au
My Play Lists:
* Pitching Playlist (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNc_dnvNM0USTLk-H1FDyRQw)
* Swing Drills (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNdt0Jc9q5k7ndVwA9PtzgaC)
*TGD Top 5 (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNeuitexY9VUqEQNhnSRdc9F)
* Putting Videos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNcQUHqsJlvhVvhBReOPR5jS)
* The Basics (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNdn9RDn-YHt62uFqb8X6Wfg)
* Bunker Videos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNeyP0Nt98qIgzSRzULGLPTY)
* Equipment (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNdoyUziYF_Xjc-QO0G04l44)
* Chipping Videos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNeWExnm9-xYyoPW4jp3pmK7)
* Training Aids (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNe615ojyjb3XDWo0Fkn_HhW)
* Driving (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNfDwLbuF0OYWuELzr2MHrht)
* Golf Strategy (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNem7j-nQSdmKEBgrCulbWMb)
* Q & A Videos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNcCoVCInL95zMNzpdlwNTEw)
* Swing Comparisons (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNdmRgmaAYxlrl0E05wDPV7p)
* Hybrid/Fairway Woods (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNeMBNoeSoJxODMONq97x9Mz)
* Shotmaking (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0pw2jOJGhNdawMaqE2XzwAuCJH9y3Qs2)